Compact embedded audio module for MP3 files
The Fallguy MINI MP3 module (Article No.0031) is an universal and compact credit card sized embedded module for playing compressed audio files (MP3). The module has been specially developed for use in embedded systems and for integration in customer-specific environments. It is particularly characterized by its use in harsh industrial environmental conditions.
The module has a Compact Flash (CF) card slot for accepting Type I or II CF cards. The module is controlled by buttons and analog inputs.
Depending on customer’s requirements, the internal firmware of the module is adapted to the application-specific requirements. The playing behavior of the module is determined by the firmware used.
Fallguy MINI Output adapter
The MINI Output adapter (Article No.0151) extends the MINI MP3 module by 16 outputs for direct control of up to e.g. 16 LEDs!
Technical data can be found in the data sheets in the download area →
- 16-Bit Microcontroller MC9S12C32 with 25 MHz
- 32 kByte flash memory for internal firmware
- 2 kByte RAM
- Hardware decoder (DSP) STA013
- Decodes MPEG1, MPEG2 and MPEG2.5 Layer III (MP3) with up to 320 kbit/s
- Volume and equalizer control
Audio D/A converter
- High quality 24 bit / 96 dB D/A converter CS4334
Amplifier for headphones
- 80 mW amplifier MAX4410
- DirectDrive technology
- Suppression of click noise
CF flash memory
- Compact Flash cards from 64 MB to 128 GB usable
- FAT32 file format
- Playback length (example) with 4 GB memory and 128 kbit/s MP3 encoding about 72 hours
- -20°C to +85°C
- 9 V to 12 V (DC) unstabilized
- 135 mA (typical) with CF card
- 6 button inputs for connecting buttons, sensors or relays
- 2 analog or digital inputs
- 8 digital in- or outputs
- 1 asynchronous serial interface (UART, TTL level, 19.200 bps) for RS232 connections with hardware handshake
- 1 analog audio output – Line level
- 1 analog audio output – Headphone