Universal embedded audio module for MP3 files with 3 serial high-speed interfaces
The Fallguy ULTRA MP3 module (Article No.0132) is a universal and compact embedded module for playing compressed audio files (MP3). The module was specially developed for use in embedded systems and for integration in customer-specific environments. It is particularly characterized by its use in harsh industrial environmental conditions.
The module has an SD card slot for SD and SDHC flash cards.
The module is controlled via connected buttons, digital and analog inputs or via various serial interfaces. A connection for additional electronics for connecting an RS232, RS485, LAN (XPORT) or USB interface (FTDI-IC) as well as an LC display is provided.
Depending on the customer’s requirements, the internal firmware of the module is adapted to the application-specific requirements. The playback behavior of the module is determined by the firmware used.
Fallguy ULTRA MP3 player
The Fallguy ULTRA MP3 module is also available as a finished audio player in an aluminium housing. The Fallguy ULTRA MP3 player (Article No.0175) is the first choice for all museum and media installations!
Three buttons, the SD card slot and four LEDs are located on the front, on the back various interfaces are accessible. A LAN or USB interface can be optionally equipped. Stereo headphones (3.5mm jack) or an external stereo amplifier (2x cinch sockets) can be connected.
Fallguy ULTRA AMPII MP3 player
As an audio player with integrated powerful amplifier for museum and media installations, the Fallguy ULTRA AMPII MP3 player is ideal. The player can be optionally equipped with (Article No.0177) or without (Article No.0176) front LC display.
Similar to the ULTRA MP3 player, it has three buttons on the front and various interfaces on the back. A LAN or USB interface can be optionally equipped. The internal 2x25W amplifier directly controls the connected speakers. Lateral mounting rails ensure a stable installation.
ULTRA Serial control Software
For remote control and configuration of the ULTRA MP3 module or the ULTRA MP3 player and for loading new MP3 files onto the SD card, LOETRONIC offers the ULTRA Serial control Software for Windows PCs.
The software communicates via the RS232, LAN and USB interfaces and is constantly being expanded with new functions.
Under Downloads you will find the latest ULTRA Serial control Software…
Fallguy ULTRA Carrier boards
Fallguy ULTRA Carrier board
The ULTRA Carrier board (Article No.0129) is the optimal motherboard for the ULTRA MP3 module. In addition to RS232, RS485, LAN and USB interfaces, it provides connections for buttons, LEDs, an LC display and the audio connections including a headphone amplifier.
Fallguy ULTRA Carrier board AMPII + Relay board
Another motherboard is the ULTRA AMPII Carrier board (Article No.0136). Similar to the standard Carrier board, it provides many connectivity options. Instead of a headphone amplifier, a powerful 2x25W amplifier is integrated. An optional Relay board (Article No.0139) can be used to switch up to 5 relays synchronously to the audio playback.
Fallguy ULTRA Carrier board HP
If the above extensive connections are not required, a slimmed-down motherboard, the ULTRA Carrier board HP (Article No.0152) with headphone amplifier and button inputs can be used!
Technical data can be found in the data sheets in the download area→
Technical data – ULTRA MP3 module
- 16-Bit Microcontroller MC9S12XD64 with 30 MHz
- 64 kByte flash memory for the internal firmware
- 4 kByte RAM
- 1 kByte internal EEPROM for storing configuration data
- Additional coprocessor (XGATE)
- Hardware decoder (DSP) STA013
- Decodes MPEG1 Layer III (MP3), MPEG2 and MPEG2.5 with up to 320 kbit/s or variable bitrate
- Volume and equalizer control
Audio D/A converter
- High quality 24 bit / 96 dB D/A converter CS4341
SD flash memory
- SD cards from 64 MB to 128 GB usable (SD and SDHC)
- FAT32 file format
- Playback length (example) with 4 GB memory and 128 kbit/s MP3 encoding about 72 hours
- -20°C to +85°C
- 3,3 V (DC) stabilized
- 80 mA (typical) with SD card
- 8 button or analog inputs for connecting buttons, sensors or relays
- 10 digital in- or outputs
- 1 asynchronous serial interface (UART, 3,3V level, 115.200 bps) for RS232 or RS485 connections with hardware handshake
- 1 asynchronous serial interface (UART, 3,3V level, 921.600 bps) for LAN (XPORT) and USB connections (FTDI-IC) with hardware handshake
- 1 CAN interface
- 1 connection for an LC display (4-bit)
- 5 connections for additional LEDs
- 1 analog audio output – Line level
- 1 digital audio output – I2S