Universal 4-channel embedded audio module for MP3 files with 2 serial high-speed interfaces
The Fallguy ULTRA DUAL MP3 module (Article No.0222) is an universal and compact embedded module for playing and recording audio files (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, WMA, FLAC, WAV, MIDI). The module has been specially developed for use in embedded systems and for integration in customer-specific environments. It is particularly characterized by its use in harsh industrial environmental conditions.
The module has an SD card slot for SD and SDHC cards.
The ULTRA DUAL MP3 module is capable to playback two different stereo audio files (4 channel playback) at the same time. By using the audio input two files can be played mixed at the same time over the 1. audio output.
The module is controlled via connected buttons, digital and analog inputs or via various serial interfaces. A connection for additional electronics for connecting an RS232, RS485, LAN (XPORT) or USB interface (FTDI-IC) as well as an LC display is provided.
Depending on the customer’s requirements, the internal firmware of the module is adapted to the application-specific requirements. The playback behavior of the module is determined by the firmware used.
The ULTRA 2 MP3 module is pin-compatible with the ULTRA 2 MP3 module and can therefore be used with all known Carrier boards from LOETRONIC ®!
Fallguy ULTRA DUAL MP3 player
The ULTRA DUAL MP3 module is available inside a practical plastic casing and is sold as a Plug’n-Play audio player (Article No.0229). It is therefor the first choice for all museum and media installations! The player is equipped with a SD card slot, three LEDs, connections for an external stereo amplifier (2x cinch sockets, 1. stereo audio output) and an USB interface at the front. The player can be configured via the USB interface.
There are 5 inputs using clamping bushes for buttons, relais or sensors at the back and 1 clamping bush for powering external devices. A stereo amplifier (3.5mm jack, 2. stereo output) can also be connected here.
Technical data can be found in the data sheets in the download area →
Technical data – ULTRA DUAL MP3 module
- 16-Bit Microcontroller S9S12XS256 with up to 40 MHz
- 256 kByte flash memory for internal firmware
- 12 kByte RAM
- 8 kByte internal EEPROM for storing configuration data
- Additional coprocessor (XGATE)
- Hardware encoder/decoder (DSP) VS1063
- Decodes MPEG1 Layer III (MP3), MPEG2 and MPEG2.5 with up to 320 kbit/s or variable bitrate, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, WMA, FLAC, WAV, MIDI
- Encodes MPEG1 Layer III (MP3), Ogg Vorbis, WAV
- Volume and equalizer control
- Integrated A/D and D/A converter
SD flash memory
- SD cards from 64 MB to 128 GB usable (SD and SDHC)
- FAT32 file format
- Playback length (example) with 4 GB memory and 128 kbit/s MP3 encoding about 72 hours
- -20°C to +85°C
- 3,3 V (DC) stabilized
- 100 mA (typical) with SD card
- 8 button or analog inputs for connecting buttons, sensors or relays
- 10 digital in- or outputs
- 1 asynchronous serial interface (UART, 3,3V level, 115.200 bps) for RS232 or RS485 connections with hardware handshake
- 1 asynchronous serial interface (UART, 3,3V level, 921.600 bps) for LAN (XPORT) and USB connections (FTDI-IC) with hardware handshake
- 1 connection for an LC display (4-bit)
- 5 connections for additional LEDs
- 1 analog audio output – Line level
- 1 digital audio output – I2S, 48kHz
- 1 analog audio input – Line level